Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pain, Can't Get Enough

I got my cartilage pierced today and it was glorious. My friend Kathie is a trained professional, I wouldn't have it any other way, and she did it for me. I suppose that makes her my drug dealer. The thing is, I love to get pierced. Please don't take that sexually because I mean it in the metal-rod-shooting-through-flesh-to-add-accesories way, not the penis-pounding-into-you kind of way. Everytime I get this done, this being the fifth time, I am filled to the brim with adrenaline and endorphins. Some have called me a masochist, others think that I'm covering an inner problem with my love of piercings. To both of them I say, touche. I do like the pain and that could be the inner problem I cover with the piercings, but I think that in the general scheme of things, I could be doing worse. I don't cut, I don't brood, I have no substance abuse problems. Plus now I can wear more bling. I see no issue.

No comments: