Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Stuck Between Me and You

I just added the list of rules to the sidebar of Pish Posh Ba Gosh. I think that, without explanation, they might seem condescending or paranoid or something. Please let me explain.

The biggest struggle I've had with this blog is that I want to write personal things on it without feeling self-conscious about it. I also want to write as if this is a private diary, but if I know for sure who is reading it and what they are reading I will start to write with them in mind.

Back in the day in free period, I spent a lot of time writing on this blog. My friend occasionally read over my shoulder or would pull up the site on their computer and then talk to me about what I just put up. I don't know why but I felt so vulnerable. The posts were so fresh and they were ready with a comment or question. I understand why, I just felt self-conscious.

Comments are OK, and I couldn't tell you why they are different, but they just are.

I don't want to write here for a specific audience. If I were to write something that I knew would upset someone who read this, I would have to leave it out or change a story. You know I don't like to lie, and I feel like an omission is a lie.

So basically, if you want to comment about it, feel free. There is a comment feature for that purpose. You know I'll get them and usually respond.

***EDIT***
These rules are totally stupid.
DELETE.

No comments: