Saturday, May 19, 2012

I Gotta Work It

I started a new job this past Monday.  I am a temporary receptionist for a major pharmaceutical company. My first week went by pretty fast, but I'm still trying to figure out the scope of my responsibilities.  Some of the people there have no patience for my lack of knowledge.  A lot of different things go through me, but at first I didn't even know they were my responsibility. Naturally people got frustrated, but so was I.

I have higher self confidence. This job is a major pay increase.  With my hourly rate and the number of hours I have, I am quadrupling my monthly income. That's huge. I feel like less of a burden.  Everyone (almost) is so proud of me. I don't want to let anyone down.  This is a huge opportunity and I'm afraid that I won't get hired or my contract extended at the end. It might seem silly to aspire to hold down a receptionist position, but this is like my big break.  I could actually go back to school and pay off my debt. I could have a car that starts and stops.


No comments: