Friday, February 15, 2008

I Hope You're Out There, Look at Me Now.

So lately I've noticed that most things I need fall more and more into my responsiblity instead of that of my parents. I'm going to go with that's a good thing. To me, it seems like they now think of me as an adult. An adult who they trust, warily.

Or I figured out I can't always depend on them for everything I need. For example, I needed textbooks. Sure my mom got me some of them, others she didn't get. I'm not even sure why she got some and not others, trust me, cost wasn't the issue there. So this semester when I needed a new book, I went out and bought it without even thinking to mention it to her. I didn't even realize I should until I already placed the order.

Sometimes it bothers me because I feel like I shouldn't have to get things like that on my own. Other times I feel like it is my job to ensure I have things like that. People trust me with their kids, so I guess I'm not much of a kid anymore as it is. Transitions are wierd feeling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who would trust you with their kids?!?!?

Anonymous said...

You know I remember when my mother and stepdad lived together, and I remember they used to get in fights too. If I could just offer my humble opinion now: those kind of fights are never a good thing. Eventually my mother left my stepdad, and it was Ugly (with a capital U).

As that one saying goes, "why can't we all just get along?" Sometimes it's better to ignore others' faults than to be angry.

OK, sorry for the sermon, it's just that this kind of family dynamic ruined my family and scarred it forever, and I try to help people to soften it whenever I see it. :)

Anonymous said...

he he, the above comment was for the post below