Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle

For four years, I've worked in the Drama Department and this year I decided to take on a role of great responsibility. I'm not complaining, I'm actually a little amazed about what happened yesterday and will continue on to today.

We had our costume parade. Today and yesterday are basically the days that the director of the production critiques and reviews all the choices I (and my crew) have made. It's slightly frustrating, but all in all, its very useful for me as a chief. (plus I love the satisfaction I get from giving that "I told you so" look to the moderators who overrided my choices)

Important things come up like how half the Ensemble is missing character shoes, yay, or how one girl has half a dress. that was exciting. I am, however, extremely proud of the progress we've made. The production is Kiss Me Kate, a big deal for our little group. All the costume changes and period pieces were hard to organize, but we have almost all of it finished.

I think it's the only time I've ever heard a guy go, "I'm so sick of racks."

P.S. Anne is making a thesis for her blockage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm that chick with the half dress! It's pretty sweet though, Mrs. Gail is some kinda crazy goddess with a sewing machine. And YOU, madam, are some kind of crazy goddess when it comes to costuming the whole darn cast. I pretty much love you like...two things that love you. Yeah, I said it.

Molly