Tuesday, June 2, 2009

She Was Born to Be the Woman I Would Know

I'm an independent person. I'm going to do things that maybe don't sit well with people. I think that I'm trustworthy enough to be left to my own devices. Most of the things I do, I do for me.

That being said, I don't always think about what other people with think or feel about me. Some people find this to be an attribute, others a fault. Either way, it won't change that I walk boldly forward with whatever I decide.

Some things I don't do alone and I do consider the other person. Sometimes these things are sensitive. For me. Regret isn't something I want to feel after the life I've led. I'm done looking back and feeling sick about what has occurred. That's why I do what I want when I want. I'm tired of worrying.

Things That Have Changed About Katie:
  • Regret
  • Appearances, specifically what other people think of me, not so much physical
  • Drama, I don't create and I don't partake
  • I used to be pretty high strung, not so much anymore
  • I used to let things get to me, but circumstances have dictated that I either let things go/roll off my back or be consumed with overwhelming stress
  • Now, Katie is priority one. I love my family and my friends, but I just can't pander to them all.

This may all sound a bit cynical or harsh, but I don't think I would be able to survive much more of the crap I've had to deal with in the last year if I didn't thicken my skin a little. I still love everyone, and I still care. Sometimes you have to just take care of yourself first, before you can think about what other people need.

I'm still the same girl, just a little smarter but at the same time a little more guarded. Lots of things have shaped me to be who I am now. Most of them bad, but quite a few marvelous.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Dude, I completely feel you. I recently learned that it's much more important to take care of yourself before you can take care of other people. Even if other people think you're being a dick. (You're not being a dick -- I promise). You're pretty fabulous.

Lovin' you.